07 Aug Pursuing God – Louie Giglio
SERIES: Pursuing God – An Invitation to Intimacy with the Almighty
Week 1 of 2: The Gospel According to Krispy Kreme, by Louie Giglio
1. Read Micah 6:6-8. What is the writer pondering in verses 6-7? Do we ever mistakenly think about “what I can give to God” or “what can I do for God?” What is the problem with this thinking?
2. In verse 8, what are the three things he really wants from us?
3. Think about what it would feel like to “walk with God.” Walking with someone indicates what? (closeness, fellowship, companionship etc.) Discuss how amazing it is that God, the Creator of the universe wants us to walk with Him. How does that make you feel? How does it make you feel about God?
4. In Louie’s opening example of the invitation to a very special event, he used the simple excuse of a dentist appointment not to attend. If we did the same thing, what would people say to us? However, in Micah 6:8, we see that God invites us to have a relationship with Him. What are some of the excuses we use to decline His invite?
5. Discuss the 2 reasons why pursuing God should be the passion of our lives.
a. it’s what God wants
b. our souls will starve without a connection with God
6. When numbers 1 & 2 above are connected, according to Louie, we become satisfied because we are fully aware that we were “made for Him.” What is the status of your “soul”? Read Psalms 27:4 and see how one responds when the “soul” is satisfied.
7. The PRINCIPLE of this sermon is that there is a gulf between information and experience. We need to move from intellectually knowing God to living in a dynamic relationship with Him. How are you doing?
8. In the Gospel According to Krispy Kreme, are the donuts made for information or for experiencing? Read Psalms 34:8. What are we to do? How do we get blessed? THAT IS DOING WHAT GOD WANTS AND WHAT SATISFIES OUR SOULS
CLOSING: A personal invitation has been hand delivered to us by the Son of God Himself. What are we doing with it? What are the options?
a. reject it out of hand
b. give a lame excuse as to why reject it
c. accept the invitation and come to the “tasting”.
IT’S UP TO YOU. THINK ABOUT IT, PRAY ABOUT IT.