30 Jun A Godly Home Guarantees Godly Kids
DATE: 06/30/2013 (week 2 of 6)
Scriptures: [bible passage=”Proverbs 22:6″]
DEFINITION OF AN URBAN LEGEND: “A second hand story told as true with just enough plausibility to be believed.”
- The challenges facing parents has drastically increased over the past 2 decades. What are some that you and other parents now face that your parents never had to deal with?
- Who is responsible for laying the foundation of Christian living for our children? Who is frequently left to do it for us?
- Read Proverbs 22:6. What does the first part of the verse say? Who is responsible for this? What does the second part say? Who is responsible for this?
- There are no guarantees that a godly home will guarantee godly kids, but there are some steps that you can take that can help them stay on the right path. Discuss each of these:
- IT BEGINS WITH THE PARENTS.
- There are no guarantees but it’s worth it. Parents are the greatest influencers of our lives whether positive or negative.
- CHILDREN NOT ONLY NEED YOUR GUIDANCE, THEY WANT IT!
- It is an obligation we all have. Kids will go their own way or the right way.
- Read Proverbs 22:6 again. What promise do you see in that verse that parents can hold on to no matter what? Any testimonies personally or as parents?
- Read Proverbs 13:24 “Spare the rod, spoil the child”. Why is it that discipline is so hard as a parents? What types of discipline have you found to work and what have you found to be counterproductive?
- Parents attention to church attendance is very important to the child. Discuss the following data.
- [table id=1 /]
- [table id=2 /]
- Read and discuss Exodus 20:12 : “Honor Thy Father and Mother that Thy Days May be Long.” What are the physical, psychological and spiritual benefits to this?
CLOSING: WHAT WE LEARN AS A CHILD, WE CARRY ON INTO ADULTHOOD.