06 Aug Spiritual Posers
KNOW: God is light, in Him is no darkness at all. Those who claim to know Him will not walk in darkness either.
DO: Repent of our sin and trust Christ as the atoning sacrifice for our sins.
- Read 1 John 1:6. Define and discuss what a Spiritual Poser is.
- a. List characteristics of a Spiritual Poser.
- b. How does a Spiritual Poser typically handle personal responsibility?
- Read 1 John 1:5. John was the last living disciple of Jesus and wrote 1 John to strengthen and encourage the church which had some members who were distorting God’s holiness.
- a. How should we combat the distortion of God’s holiness in today’s church?
- b. How should we as individual Christians combat this distortion?
- c. What tools has God provided us for this battle?
- Read 1 John 1:6-7.
- a. Contrast and discuss the facts that “we are all sinners” and “you cannot be a Christian and live a lifestyle of habitual sin”.
- b. Discuss what it is like when you meet Jesus and the new life that is born inside of you.
- Our core values of what Christians believe and who we are is that God is good all the time. John uses the metaphor of light….God is light, in Him no darkness at all.
- a. Discuss why it is important as Christians that we have this foundational belief and we always have to get it right?
- Discuss the consequences of redefining sin; turning away from personal responsibility; and further moving away from God.
CLOSING: Some claim the name of Christ and some profess the name of Christ all the while not possessing the life of Christ. How do you stand?