17 Sep Testing the Spirits
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/customer/www/generationschurch.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bridge-core/modules/shortcodes/shortcode-elements/_social-share/templates/social-share.php on line 118
What should I know and do?
KNOW: How to discern the will of God and test the spirits that come in our lives.
DO: Apply John’s filters as questions to the circumstances of our lives.
- Do you get stressed about making decisions?
- a) Do you remember the WWJD (“what would Jesus do“) bracelets? Do you consider that question regarding decisions in your life?
- Read 1 John 3:24 – “Those who obey His commands live in him, and he in them, and this is how we know that he lives in us; We know it by the Spirit he gave us.” Discuss why this is the foundation of discerning the will of God.
- a) As a Christian, is there any room for flexibility in your beliefs here?
- b) Is His Spirit living within you?
- Having accepted Jesus and received the Holy Spirit, in the spiritual warfare, Satan will continue his relentless attacks through deception and temptations. When making decisions on the circumstances of our lives, what are the filters John provides to sort truth from lies so we make decisions consistent with God’s Will?
- a) Read 1 John 4:1-3. Discuss why it is important that the source of information and your decision exalts Jesus.
- b) Read 1 John 4:4. God is greater than Satan and His Spirit will let us know if we are being deceived. Discuss what it means to have peace in your spirit regarding your decision.
- c) Read 1 John 4:5-6. Discuss the importance that the information and decision, does not violate biblical principle.
- Do you live in a constant awareness of God’s power living inside you and do you pray for God’s power to operate in your life? If not, why not?
- John’s filters are another demonstration of God’s love for you. What decisions are you in the middle of where you need to go back and apply these filters? Does anyone want to share their past or present circumstances and discuss how the filters did, would have, or will help?