29 May He’s got this
KNOW: To understand the providence of God and understand that He is in complete control of everything.
DO: Start seeing life through the new filter of God’s sovereignty.
- How often do you go to the beach? Do you find it relaxing?…Why?
- Define the providence of God.
- How does the proper theology of the providence of God help you to relax and enjoy life more?
- What is our responsibility in God’s providential plan?
- Discuss how God’s providence encompasses all of life (creation – Nehemiah 9:6; animals – Psalm 104:27-29; random events – Proverbs 16:33; our everyday lives – Jeremiah 10:23).
- What surprising insights do you find from these Scriptures?
- Free will gives everyone the option of making bad, wrong, and sinful choices (Ecclesiastes 7:20). How does this fact fit with God’s providential plan for the Christian?
- What does it look like in your life to have the new filter of God’s providence?