08 Jan Thoughts
- Can you think of a time in your life when your positive thoughts brought about a positive outcome? A time when negative thoughts brought about a negative outcome?
- Read Romans 12:1-2. According to these verses how do we live a transformed life? What is the result of a transformed life?
- Read 2 Corinthians 10:3-5. How does a person take captive their thought and make it obedient to Christ?
- Troy had us do a “Thought Audit”. (Worried/Peaceful; Negative/Positive; Worldly/Eternal). Discuss how we make our thoughts more Peaceful, Positive, and Eternal. Share the results of your “Thought Audit” to enhance the discussion.
- Read Philippians 4:8-9. What kind of things are we supposed to be thinking about?
- What kind of difference have you seen in your life when you focus on spiritual thoughts instead of destructive thoughts?
What steps will you take to fix your thoughts on spiritual things? Start doing this today.
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 1/11/2015:
Day 1: Romans 12:1-2
Day 2: 2 Corinthians 10:1-6
Day 3: Philippians 4:4-9
Day 4: Ephesians 4:17-24
Day 5: Psalm 104:33-34
Day 6: Psalm 77:1-20
Day 7: Philippians 3:18-21
Follow up from last week: Here is a link to the Bible Gateway website that will help you search for verses to go with your ONE WORD from last week’s sermon…… biblegateway.com