15 Jan WORDS
- How have you been affected by life-giving and life-taking words spoken to you?
- Troy asked you to take a self-audit on whether your words are life-giving or life-taking.
- What words do you tend to speak most often: life-giving or life-taking? Explain.
- What life-giving words do you need to speak to yourself and others?
- How have you seen your words affect your actions or beliefs?
- What can you do to guard your heart against life-taking words when they are spoken to you? Read and discuss Psalm 34:12-14 and Philippians 4:4-9.
- In what situations do you find it most difficult to speak life-giving words to yourself or others?
- In the first sermon in this series Troy asked you to focus on one word that would drive and direct your year. This week he asked you to have one statement that you can repeat again and again to help accomplish this word. What is your one statement? How does it relate to your one word?
What steps do you need to take to ensure you start speaking more life-giving words? Start today!
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 1/18/2015:
Day 1: James 3:1-12
Day 4: Ephesians 4:29-32
Day 5: Matthew 12:36-37
Day 6: Galatians 5:19-26
A recommended website for helping you with word and verse searching is Biblegateway.com.