26 Feb Fighting Church
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 6:1-6;1 Corinthians 6:7-11
1. Describe a time when you wronged someone personally and you experienced forgiveness.
2. Have you ever been part of a church split? Have you ever been the cause of it? How did it affect you spiritually?
3. What problem was Paul confronting in 1 Corinthians 6:1-6? What skill did the Corinthians lack?
4. Read Matthew 18:15-17. Why do most people skip step 1? How would it change the outcome of most conflicts at church, home, and the office if we obeyed Jesus’ words in Matthew 18?
5. Answer Paul’s question from 1 Corinthians 6:7. Why not be wronged? Why not be cheated? What reason does Paul give for forgiving others?
6. Do you agree with Troy’s reasoning for option 3? Can you think of any other times when suing or punishing others is the right thing to do?
7. If time allows, take time to read and discuss Romans 12. How will applying this to our lives help us to pursue reconciliation and peace in our relationships?
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 3/1/2015:
Day 1: James 4:1-12
Day 2: 1 John 3:7-10
Day 3: Philippians 4:1-9
Day 4: 1 Timothy 1:12-20
Day 5: Romans 12:9-21
Day 6: Proverbs 1:20-33
Day 7: Matthew 18:15-19