19 Feb Judgmental Church
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 5:1-13
- Share a story from your childhood when you were disciplined and you knew you deserved it?
- Have you ever been “disciplined” by a church or been in a church where it happened? How did it make you feel?
- Are there steps to take before “church discipline”? Discuss Matthew 18:15-17.
- Troy said there are 2 sins that demand church discipline. What were they?
- Discuss whether or not you agree that the Bible demands it for those reasons.
- Do you believe there are more reasons?
- When Paul said to turn the sinful over to Satan, what did he mean?
- Troy defined it as “tough love”. What is your definition of tough love?
- Have you ever knowingly allowed sin in your life and suffered the consequences? Is this the same as turning yourself over to Satan?
- Have you ever seen a church where sin was allowed to fester and it spread like cancer?
- Discuss why church discipline is important and when it is appropriate.
- Discuss the 5 Generation Church distinctives.
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 2/22/2015:
Day 1: 1 Timothy 1:12-20
Day 2: 1 Peter 2:11-18
Day 3: Hebrews 12:5-11
Day 4: Titus 1:5-16
Day 5: James 5:13-20
Day 6: Matthew 7:1-5
Day 7: Romans 16:17-20