05 Feb Too Smart for Our Own Good
- What’s something that you feel real knowledgeable in? Maybe you know a second language, are you a fixer upper in a certain area, or maybe you are a great chef. What’s something you would like to know more about? Share these with your group.
- In a few sentences describe the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- If you had no church or bible background, how believable would the gospel be to you?
- What caused you to believe it and place your faith in it?
- Read Isaiah 29:14. What does this mean?
- How have you experienced that in your life?
- What does having faith in Jesus as one’s Savior look like in real life?
- Discuss what’s wrong with the following:
- I only believe some of the 10 commandments should apply to me.
- I believe in the New Testament, but the Old Testament is really outdated as things are a lot different today and people are a lot smarter.
- For further conversation, discuss the 2 ways to miss God.
- Demand a sign from Him
- Make Him up as you go
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 2/08/2015:
Day 1: James 1:1-8
Day 2: Hebrews 11
Day 3: 1 Peter 1:2-12
Day 4: John 11:38-44
Day 5: Psalms 119:25-32
Day 6: Proverbs 21:30
Day 7: John 6:25-59