12 Feb The World’s Greatest Tutor
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 2:6-16
- Can you remember who your favorite teacher was when you were in school? Why did you appreciate him/her so much?
- When you think of the Holy Spirit, what is the first thing or image that comes to your mind?
- In our passage, Paul contrasts the wisdom of the world with the wisdom that comes from God. How would you describe the wisdom of the world?
- Paul writes, apart from the Spirit of God, we cannot understand the things of God. Read 1 Corinthians 2:13.
- Is it possible for someone to read the Bible and understand parts of it without being a follower of Jesus?
- If the things of God are “foolishness” to those who don’t believe (1 Corinthians 2:14), how do we go about engaging them in spiritual conversations?
- What are some of the ways that the Holy Spirit helps the believer to grow in their faith? Share ways the Holy Spirit has helped you grow.
- Paul’s final words in 1 Corinthians 2:15-16 tell us that as a follower of Jesus you have Holy Spirit dwelling inside of you, so you have “the mind of Christ.” What do you think that means and what are its implications for you as you strive to live for God’s glory?
- Practically speaking, how can you rely on the Holy Spirit’s guidance in your everyday life?
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 2/15/2015:
Day 2: Exodus 33:12-17
Day 3: 1 John 2:20-27
Day 4: Proverbs 8:1-13
Day 5: Galatians 6:1-10
Day 6: Jude 1:17-22
Day 7: 1 Corinthians 2