12 Mar Overindulgent Church
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 11:17-34
- Sterling discussed how he likes to overindulge in food. Name some things that you like to overindulge in.
- Share with the rest of your group the Christian tradition in which you grew up.
- How did you observe Communion and what did it mean to you?
- In what ways do you believe the church can be seen as overindulgent today?
- Read Philippians 2:1-4. What does Paul tell the Philippians about the methods to maintaining church unity?
- Social elitism was a problem in the Corinthian church, how do you see that as an issue in churches today?
- Read 1 Corinthians 11:23-36. Do you agree that when we take Communion we are doing so as a memorial for the sacrifice of Jesus or do you believe there is more to it? Read and discuss John 6:60-63.
- Paul stresses the need to take Communion in a manner worthy of the Lord Jesus. What are some ways that you can ensure that you are prepared to take Communion in a way that honors Christ?
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 3/15/2015:
Day 1: Jude 17-22
Day 2: Psalm 133
Day 3: John 17:20-26
Day 4: Ephesians 4:1-16
Day 5: Philippians 2:1-11
Day 6: Matthew 5:21-24
Day 7: Luke 22:14-34