21 May Rich Givers
Posted at 08:45h in Sermon Based Small Group Questions
- Name a few rich problems that you had this week? (For example: bad cell phone coverage).
- Pastor Troy said God gives us wealth for 2 reasons. Do you agree with those 2 reasons and can you think of any other reasons?
- Have you ever had the mentality, “I’ll give one day when I have more money?” According to research, is that a good plan?
- Priority giving when you don’t have extra is like infecting yourself with cowpox to keep from getting smallpox. Why is priority giving so important?
- Read Mark 12:41-44. What percentage did the widow give? Has God ever asked you to give a crazy percentage of your income? Why is a percentage so hard for people to commit to?
- Read 2 Samuel 24:24. As you commit to be a progressive giver, how can David’s words guide you?
- Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-15 and then reread 2 Corinthians 9:7. Discuss ways and encourage each other to be cheerful givers.
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 5/24/2015:
Day 1: 1 Timothy 6:3-10
Day 2: Malachi 3:6-12
Day 3: Matthew 19:16-26
Day 4: Revelation 3:14-22
Day 5: 2 Corinthians 9:6-15
Day 6: Matthew 6:1-4
Day 7: Luke 16:10-15