28 May Rich in Good Deeds
- Talk about a time when you served someone else.
- How did it benefit the person or group you served?
- How did it benefit you?
- Read 1 Timothy 6:17-18.
- Discuss this statement: “Doing good deeds is how I am saved.”
- Read Ephesians 2:8-10. Troy mentioned that we are not saved by good works but instead are saved for good works. What’s the difference? Why does it matter?
- Troy shared ways the early church “won their world” to Christ through good works.
- What good works has God prepared you to do? (What are your abilities, skills, talents, resources, passion, etc.)
- How will you change the world around you?
- Is there something you can do as a small group? Decide on a couple of options, research them, pray about them, pick one and commit to do it as a group.
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 5/31/2015:
Day 1: Luke 10:1-24
Day 2: Matthew 6:19-24
Day 3: Romans 12:10-13
Day 4: 1 Timothy 6:9-10
Day 5: 1 Timothy 6:17-18
Day 6: Acts 20:32-35
Day 7: James 2:14-24