14 May The Consumption Assumption
Posted at 10:30h in Sermon Based Small Group Questions
- Have you made any “rich people” statements this week? For example: “This internet is so slow.”
- Read Luke 12:13-15. Why do you think Jesus refused to play the judge in the inheritance dispute?
- Read Luke 12:16-21. Is it wrong to build bigger barns or houses or businesses? What was the point of Jesus’ parable?
- Which of these statements creates more anxiety in you: “There is no God” or “There is no money?” Why?
- Define consumption assumption. Have you fallen prey to this assumption before? What was the result?
- How did King David view his wealth? Read his prayer in 1 Chronicles 29:10-14 for a reminder.
- What would it look like for you to honor God with all your stuff?
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 5/17/2015:
Day 1: Deuteronomy 8:10-20
Day 2: Proverbs 3:1-18
Day 3: James 5:1-6
Day 4: Hebrews 13:1-6
Day 5: Proverbs 30:5-14
Day 6: Philippians 4:10-20
Day 7: Ezekiel 28:1-10