04 Jun Underdog: Alone and Guilty, Now Forgiven and Free
Posted at 11:07h in Sermon Based Small Group Questions
- Name some of your favorite underdogs to cheer for. Who are some others in the Bible besides David, who would be considered underdogs?
- Share a time in your life when you felt like an underdog. How did you get through it?
- Thinking about the woman caught in adultery in John 8:2-12, what are some other sins in our world that label people as underdogs?
- What was Jesus’ response to this woman? In other words, how does Jesus approach the underdog who feels trapped in his/her sin?
- Why is it so easy for religious people to be so uncompassionate toward the sins of others? Read and discuss Matthew 7:3-5.
- How has your life been changed by Jesus when He came to your defense as the underdog? How does Jesus use our personal experiences to help others and fulfill His purpose?
- How can you “run toward the messes” that you see in the lives of those around you?
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 6/07/2015:
Day 1: 1 Samuel 17:41-50
Day 2: 1 Peter 2:1-10
Day 3: Mark 1:14-20
Day 4: Matthew 21:28-32
Day 5: Luke 4:16-21
Day 6: 1 Corinthians 1:20-31
Day 7: Psalm 103:1-13