18 Jun Underdog: Daniel and the Lion’s Den, Standing Up When No One Else Will
TITLE: Underdog: Daniel and the Lion’s Den. Standing Up When No One Else Will.
TEXT: Daniel 6:1-28
- Has there been a time when you were afraid to stand up for what you believed was right and instead chose to remain silent? How did that make you feel?
- Discuss whether it is better to respectfully speak the truth about Jesus or to remain silent? Read and discuss 1 Peter 3:15.
- Name some of the modern day issues where Christians choose to remain silent rather than take a stand similar to Daniel?
- What are some of the reasons (or excuses) that Christians give for not taking a stand on issues they know matter to God?
- The definitions of character are two-fold: Doing right on purpose and Saying no before the question is even asked. What are some ways that you can practice this kind of character in your life? Read and discuss 2 Peter 1:5-9.
- As a follower of Christ, what is the greatest challenge to your faith that you face every day?
- How will you exhibit character like Daniel did to overcome the opposition that the world throws your way?
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 6/21/2015:
Day 1: Psalm 4
Day 2: Proverbs 3:5-6
Day 3: 2 Peter 1:5-9
Day 4: Isaiah 8:11-17
Day 5: Matthew 27:38-44
Day 6: 1 Peter 3:13-22
Day 7: Matthew 7:24-27