11 Jun Underdog: Gideon Hopelessly Outnumbered, But Not Outmanned
Posted at 11:04h in Sermon Based Small Group Questions
SERMON DATE: 06/14/15
- What is the greatest example of courage and persistence in the face of great odds that you have ever heard of or encountered?
- Describe the significance of the statement: “When the odds are against you, God goes before you.”
- Thinking of Gideon and his position in life as a humble, ordinary guy, why do you think God chose someone like him to save Israel from the enemy?
- Read Judges 7:2-8. Why would God make the odds of defeat even greater by reducing the size of the army to 300?
- What are some obstacles and challenges that God has allowed you to overcome in your life?
- What is it that keeps you from trusting God when you feel hopelessly outnumbered in your life?
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 6/14/2015:
Day 1: Psalm 41:1-3
Day 2: Acts 1:1-11
Day 3: Philippians 4:10-13
Day 4: Isaiah 40:28-31
Day 5: Psalm 119:25-32
Day 6: Romans 12:1-8
Day 7: 2 Timothy 1:3-12