25 Jun Underdog: Woman With Bleeding Issue Healed. Once Without Hope, Now Healed
- How has illness or disease affected either you personally or those close to you?
- What has been your response during these times?
- How has your view of God been altered or strengthened in the midst of physical need and suffering?
- In our passage, this woman had a bleeding issue (which was probably female in nature) for 12 years…….12 years! How would you respond if you were suffering for such a long period of time with no relief and seemingly no answer from God?
- The Apostle Paul prayed for healing from God yet never received it (2 Corinthians 12:8-9). Instead, God told Paul that His grace was enough. Is God’s grace enough for you in the midst of your physical trials?
- We know that all healing comes from God and that He often uses others as His means of healing. How can you fully trust God as your healer yet still seek out medical treatment from those who can give you certain medical aid?
- As a group, this week especially, take time to pray with and for each other if there are specific medical needs, voicing your trust and confidence in God as your Healer. Use the “ACTS” guide (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication) guide for your prayer time.
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 6/28/2015:
Day 1: 2 Corinthians 12:5-10
Day 2: Luke 8:43-48
Day 3: Psalm 107:10-21
Day 4: 1 John 5:11-15
Day 5: Psalm 121
Day 6: Matthew 8:5-13
Day 7: Revelation 21:1-4