09 Jul Facing Life’s Transitions
TEXT: Joshua 1:1-9
- Troy listed many of life’s transitions. Describe a transition that you have gone through recently in your life.
- Read Joshua 1:1-6. Put yourself in the place of Joshua. What emotions would you be feeling?
- “I will be with you.” God’s promise to Joshua as he was about to lead the people into a very difficult time.
- What did those words mean to Joshua?
- What do they mean to you as you face difficulty?
- When you are facing life’s transitions, how does God demonstrate that He is with you?
- Read Joshua 1:7-8. Why did God want Joshua and the people to meditate on His word?
- The daily Bible readings for last week took us through Psalm 119. Share any insights from your reading. Read and discuss these verses: Psalm 119:9-11 and Psalm 119:104-105.
- Joshua 1:9 is a verse that is quoted often. Read Joshua 1:9. What does this verse mean to you now after studying verses 1-8.
Check out this week’s: Histo-RAY Commentary by Ray Moore: Joshua 1:1-12
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 7/12/2015:
Day 1: Joshua 1:1-9
Day 2: Joshua 1:10-16
Day 3: Hebrews 10:32-39
Day 4: Proverbs 3:1-8
Day 5: Joshua 2:1-7
Day 6: Joshua 2:8-16
Day 7: Joshua 2:17-24