23 Jul Life at Flood Stage
TEXT: Joshua 3:1-17
- Have you ever been caught in a raging river either by choice (white water rafting) or by accident (flooding)? How did it make you feel?
- Put yourself in the place of the Israelites. What emotions are you feeling as you are about to cross over the Jordan to the promise land?
- Read Joshua 3:1-17. What did the Ark of the Covenant represent? Why do you think God wanted it moved to the middle of the river before the people crossed?
- Discuss the following Christian learning points from the passage:
- Why we need to leave our comfort zones.
- How we know which way God wants us to go.
- What amazing things God provides when we trust and are obedient to Him.
- How to keep our focus and faithfulness to God and continue His purpose.
- Why God is pleased when we place our faith in Him.
- Describe the emotions of each of the following people after the Jordan river was parted and the Israelites crossed over to the dry land: the Canaanites and other people living in the land?; the Israelites?; Rahab?; God?
- Troy mentioned 2 rivers that need crossing. What river do you need to cross? What action step will you take this week to cross that river?
Check out this week’s Histo-RAY commentary by Ray Moore – Joshua Chapter 3.
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 7/26/2015:
Day 1: Joshua 7:1-26
Day 2: Joshua 8:1-29
Day 3: Joshua 8:30-35
Day 4: Joshua 9:1-27
Day 5: Joshua 10:1-15
Day 6: Joshua 10:16-28
Day 7: Joshua 10:29-43