02 Jul Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness
TEXT: Nehemiah 8:10;Psalms 119:1-2
- On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you?
- Would your spouse/children/parents give you the same score?
- Why or why not?
- Define an unalienable right. Is happiness such a right? Is the pursuit of it a right?
- Name one of the greatest dangers to being unhappy? Have you ever fallen prey to this danger?
- Read Nehemiah 8:10. How does God’s joy make us strong?
- Discuss this statement: “Happiness must begin now or it won’t begin at all.”
- Why do we often associate happiness with circumstances?
- How do we practice Psalms 118:24 despite our circumstances?
- Read Psalms 119:1-2. Why do you think obedience to the Lord can determine our happiness?
Next week we will be starting a new sermon series called “Crossing Jordan: Life Lessons From The Book Of Joshua”. Check out the first of the weekly Histo-RAY’s (a commentary by Ray Moore) here:
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 7/5/2015:
Day 1: Psalm 119:1-24
Day 2: Psalm 119:25-48
Day 3: Psalm 119:49-72
Day 4: Psalm 119:73-96
Day 5: Psalm 119:97-120
Day 6: Psalm 119:121-152
Day 7: Psalm 119:153-176