30 Jul When a Wall Needs to Fall
SERMON DATE: August 2, 2015
- Pastor Troy compared the walls of Jericho with the spiritual walls in our own lives. Share with your group a wall that you’ve had to knock down in the past and maybe one that you are fighting against today.
- Read Joshua 5:13-6:5. Why do you think God wanted them to march around the walls before they came down?
- Why is radical obedience often required to knock some walls down?
- What is the most radical thing you’ve ever done because you felt like God was telling you to do it?
- How did other people react to your obedience?
- Read Joshua 6:15-21. Pastor Troy said that God required radical obedience (i.e. the destruction of every person and animal in the city), because sin is contagious and justice required it. Do you agree with his explanation? If not, why do you think God required it?
- Read Matthew 5:29-30. What did Jesus mean when He said to cut off members of our physical body?
- How does that apply to the walls we mentioned in question #1?
- What is your plan for radical obedience?
Check out this week’s commentary: Histo-Ray Joshua Chapter 6 by Ray Moore
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 8/2/2015:
Day 1: Joshua 11:1-23
Day 2: Joshua 12:1-24
Day 3: Joshua 13:1-7
Day 4: Joshua 13:8-33
Day 5: Joshua 14:1-15
Day 6: Hebrews 11:17-31
Day 7: Proverbs 3:1-6