06 Aug Sometimes the Best Laid Plans
SERMON DATE: August 9, 2015
- Summarize what you have learned so far in the book of Joshua. What has surprised you the most about Israel? About God?
- Read Joshua 7:1-26. Why did God take the “devoted” things so seriously?
- Would you consider part of your income “devoted” to God or is that just a story from the Old Testament?
- Did you feel the punishment fit the crime for Achan? Why or why not?
- Discuss why God was holding all of Israel responsible for Achan’s sin.
- Discuss the way justice was black and white in the Old Testament versus gray in our world today. Which world would you rather live in?
- Why did Achan take the gold? Why did he hide it?
- Why do we hide sin from God?
- Discuss the statement: “Hidden sin never stays hidden.” Is that a blessing or a curse?
- Can you think of a time in your life that something glittered and turned out to be fool’s gold?
- Read Ecclesiastes 3:12-13. According to Solomon, what is the best way to live our lives?
Check out this week’s HISTO-RAY JOSHUA CHAPTER 7 – COMMENTARY BY RAY MOORE
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 8/9/2015:
Day 1: Psalm 139:1-18
Day 2: Joshua 15:1-12
Day 3: Joshua 15:13-63
Day 4: Joshua 16:1-10
Day 5: Joshua 17:1-18
Day 6: Joshua 18:1-28
Day 7: Ecclesiastes 3:1-17