Click here to print.
- Over the holidays, what are those tasty little morsels that you just can’t stop nibbling?
- What is it you do/think when no one is looking? Have you created a DMZ (spiritual no-man’s land) to isolate yourself as a way to avoid/ignore spiritual battles?
- Share and discuss the things, people, and/or situations that push you to isolate yourself in your spiritual DMZ? Does that have an impact on the way you live your day-to-day life? Why or why not?
- How do you rationalize/justify living in your DMZ–pushing God away?
- As Christians, we are in a constant battle “against the schemes of the devil.” Read Ephesians 6:11. David understood the importance of armor on the battlefield. Read Ephesians 6:12. What are we up against?
- Read Ephesians 6:13-20. What element of faith does each piece of armor represent and define how it protects you spiritually. What other Scriptures can you apply to each element?
- Belt __________________
- Breastplate ___________________
- Footwear ____________________
- Shield ____________________
- Helmet __________________
- Sword ____________________
- Verse 18 discusses an additional element apart from a “suit of armor” ____________.
- When David went into battle, he was surrounded by other soldiers. Who are your spiritual soldiers? Write their initials here: _______________________
- What part does accountability play in your battle plans? How could/does accountability affect the outcome of your spiritual battles? Read and discuss Proverbs 27:17.
- What steps will you take this week to keep yourself out of your DMZ?
Here’s the link to a great gotquestions.org:
What does the Bible say on the importance of accountability?
Daily Scripture Readings:
Day 1: Isaiah 59:1-8
Day 2: Isaiah 59:9-15a
Day 3: Isaiah 59:15b-21
Day 4: Psalm 51:7-9
Day 5: Psalm 51:10-12
Day 6: Hebrews 10:24-25
Day 7: Ephesians 6:10-20