Download PDF of Questions
Romans 5:8 NIV
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Galatians 6:9 NIV
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Romans 8:28 NIV
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- In the Football Sunday message video, Brock Huard talks about a “shoulder to shoulder two-man block” that is no longer allowed to be used in the NFL. Have you ever seen this while watching a pro-football game? What are the pros of the players doing this type of block? What are the cons for the player this block is being used on?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Read Romans 5:8. In Prince Amukamara’s story, he talked about how he thought being a good person was enough to go to heaven. He said that a chaplain in college poured into him and he went from just believing in Jesus to following Jesus. Share a story in your own life where someone else stood “shoulder to shoulder” with you and helped you understand more about the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Read Galatians 6:9. Nate and Lexi Solder shared that they have a son who was diagnosed with cancer and that even right now his future is uncertain. Yet through all of this, God has opened up the Solders’ hearts to provide resources that help with the healing of children all over the world. Share a time when things were so hard that you were about to give up, and instead God showed you that there was purpose in your pain. How can our story as Christians, along with the resources God has given us, help us to reach out “shoulder to shoulder” to others in need?
- Read Romans 8:28. Benjamin and Lexi Watson shared that they went through a time of struggle when they felt God opening the door for them to have a 6th child. After 3 miscarriages, they were heartbroken and questioning whether they or not they had heard from God. They ended up getting pregnant again with healthy twin boys. Tell about a time when you questioned whether you heard from God. What was the outcome of the situation? Did you have a hard time understanding how a good God would allow this to happen? Could you finally see that God was working the situation for your good? What are some truths that back up this scripture verse? How is standing shoulder to shoulder with Jesus the most powerful relationship we can ever have?
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- If you are a follower of Christ, tell your story to someone whom you know who also needs a relationship with Jesus.
- God has given us purpose through Him. There are many ways here at Generations Church to reach out to others in need. If you are interested in these opportunities go to generationschurch.com/missions,
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
- Lord, I want to be more like You. Thank you that you came to earth, walked in our shoes and paid the ultimate price by dying on a cross for my sins. Help me to be willing to share my story of how you saved me with others so they can experience the same freedom I now have through you. Amen.
Start digging. For further study.