Click here to print.
- What did you do that was the most fun over the Thanksgiving holiday? What did you do that was the most meaningful? Why?
- Think about a time when you were stressed or depressed. What was your attitude during that time?
- What were the responses of the people around you to your attitude?
- What could the results have been if you had chosen to be grateful or thankful?
- Troy told the story of Jerry, a restaurant manager who made a significant, conscious life attitude choice.
- What did he choose every morning?
- What did he choose when bad things happened?
- How did those practices affect his response to a dire situation?
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions God’s will? Why?
- Why is it hard to accept God’s will at times?
- What are some practices that can help you remain in God’s will regardless of circumstances?
- Did you include choosing to be grateful? Why or why not?
- Why is it sometimes difficult to make the choice to be grateful in difficult circumstances?
- What steps can you take to make that choice easier?
- How long does it take to build a habit of a grateful attitude?
- How important do you think an attitude of gratitude or thanksgiving in your lifestyle, witness, or idle conversation may be to anyone who is watching or listening?
- Do you believe yourself to be an energy giver or an energy taker?
- David is referred to as “a man after God’s own heart” (1 Samuel 13:14, Acts 13:22). Go around the group and answer this question: If God were to write a statement about you, how would it read?
Thirty Day Gratitude Prayer Guide
Daily Scripture Readings:
Day 1: Psalm 136: 1-9
Day 2: Psalm 136:10-17
Day 3: Psalm 136:18-26
Day 4: Psalm 118:1-14
Day 5: Psalm 118:15-29
Day 6: Psalm 100
Day 7: James 1:2; 2 Corinthians 12:9; Romans 8:28