What does Jesus mean when He claims to be the Bread of Life? He promises you’ll never be hungry again, find out what this means for you.
Greek words for life:
2 Things I need to know about the Bread of Life:
- The Bread has to be broken.
- We have to eat everyday.
Click here to print.
Text: John 6; Ephesians 5:18
- What is your favorite meal? How do you feel after you eat it? …..satisfied, tired?
- Summarize John 6. Read a few verses from each section or the whole chapter if you have time.
- How many parallels can you identify between John 6 and Exodus (especially Exodus 16)?
- Are the parallels just a coincidence?
- If not, what was John trying to show us?
- Discuss the 2 Greek words for our English word life. When Jesus used the word “life”, what was he talking about?
- Fill in the blank:
- When I ____________ that will be zoe, my “this is living moment”.
- What does your _______ reveal about your heart?
- In John 6:27, what did Jesus say about false zoes?
- Read Ephesians 5:18. Compare and discuss the effects of drunkenness with the effects of being filled with the Spirit.
- How do most false zoes fit into the category of depressants?
- How is the Spirit a stimulant?
- Read John 6:51. Why does the bread have to be broken?
- As a Christian how do you eat the bread daily? Why is that so important?
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 04/03/2016:
- Day 1: Matthew 14:13-21
- Day 2: Proverbs 9:1-6
- Day 3: Exodus 16:4-11
- Day 4: Romans 5:17-19
- Day 5: Acts 2:22-33
- Day 6: 1 Corinthians 3:21-23
- Day 7: John 8:12-20