Click here to print.
TEXT: John 15:1-8; Matthew 7:15-20; Galatians 5:22; Psalm 1:1-6
- What is your favorite fruit and why?
- Have you ever tried growing fruit trees? How did it go?
- When the bible talks about “fruit” in the Christian life, what does it mean?
- Read Matthew 7:15-20. What is “fruit” in this context?
- Read Galatians 5:22. What is “fruit” in this passage?
- Read John 15:1-8. How do we demonstrate that we are Christ’s disciples?
- In John 15:2, we read that the Gardener (Father) has little tolerance for unfruitful branches. How does he treat believers and unbelievers differently?
- The picture Jesus paints of the union between the vine and branch is one of the greatest word pictures we have in the bible for the Christian life. Spend a few minutes discussing this word picture and how it explains our intimate relationship with God.
- What are some of the blessings that happen when we remain in Christ?
- How do we remain in Christ on a daily basis?
- How are you doing remaining in Him?
- What are you going to do differently?
- Looking back over the “I Am” series, what has been your favorite “I Am” title of Jesus? Why is it your favorite?
Daily Bible Readings for the week of 05/08/2016:
Day 1: Jeremiah 6: 16-21
Day 2: Hebrews 12:4-9
Day 3: Matthew 9:35-38
Day 4: Colossians 1:3-6
Day 5: Romans 6:15-23
Day 6: Psalm 37:1-9
Day 7: Deuteronomy 4:15-31