1 Corinthians 13:12
“For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Can you explain how your cell phone works? Do you have to know everything or just the essentials in order to use it?
- We can use our cell phones only knowing the essentials. The same goes for our Bibles. Name the 7 Essentials (listed on the back), doctrines that are the fundamentals of our faith, we have studied in this series. We hope The 7 series, covering the things that doctrinally unite us as Generations Church, will help you to better understand the Bible, discern truth from lies, and grow in your faith. Which one of the messages in this series was most meaningful to you? Why?
Start thinking and sharing. Ask a question to get your group thinking and to create openness.
- Read 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. What are the 3 promises of God concerning the future that Troy shared on Sunday?
- What is the significance of Jesus’ coming back?
- How does the Bible describe the 2nd Coming?
- Troy shared the basic beliefs about the Rapture. What were they? Which conviction/opinion do you favor? Why?
- Read Matthew 24:26-42. Discuss what Matthew presents. Is his emphasis on the timing of or on the preparation for the rapture of the Church?
- The third promise is that we will be with God forever. Troy said that a billion unanswered questions will be answered in that moment. Read 1 Corinthians 13:12. What would be your unanswered question?
- Share with the group about a time when you felt close to God (like you were walking on the beach with Him) and a time when you were busy & weighed down with the cares of the world. How are you feeling now?
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Read Hebrews 10:24-25. During this week, try to do the following: encourage each other, share about Jesus, serve, love and show forgiveness to others, and remember we have eternity with God to look forward to!
- If you are putting off the decision to follow Jesus, considering the uncertainty of when Jesus is coming again, why are you? Discuss the reason for your delay with someone who has made that decision.
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
- Pray that we can boldly stand on the essentials of the faith, be humble when we differ in our convictions and be respectful when we have a different opinion than our brothers and sisters in Christ. Pray that our convictions and opinions never overshadow the essentials so we can clearly share the gospel.
Start digging. For further study.