Click here to print.
Download PDF of questions here
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Have you ever wanted to join a specific group or club? Were there requirements that you had to meet? Were you able to meet them? Sometimes Christianity can be treated the same as joining a club, but let’s jump into the questions and discuss what the Bible says about who gets in and why?
Start thinking and sharing. Ask a question to get your group thinking and to create openness.
- How do we know the answer to any questions about God? In order to answer that question, we want to point out that one of the core values of Generations is Biblical Authority. “God speaks to us through the Bible and we recognize it as the final authority for our lives.” Why is this value important to our discussion? Read 1 Thessalonians 2:13, Psalm 86:8-10, Romans 1:20, and 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
- Abraham lived in Old Testament times. Read Romans 4:1-3. What did Abraham “do” in order to be “righteous” in God’s eyes? What are the first 2 words in all these verses; Hebrews 11:3-9. 11, 17, 20-24, 27-31. Read Hebrews 11:1-2, 13-16. In what did these people of the Old Testament (before Jesus’ death on the cross) put their faith?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. In what do the people of the New Testament (after Jesus’ death on the cross) put their faith?
- In Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus is speaking to people who claim to be Christians, but they are frauds. Troy points out that this is different than a Christian who has truly trusted Christ as their Savior, but who feels like a fraud. Think about a time when you felt like a fraud because you were dealing with things like sin, busy life, doubts, or something else. Does just feeling like a fraud mean you’re a fraud? Why or why not?
- We don’t feel our way to salvation, we faith our way there. Read and discuss Ephesians 2:8-9 and Romans 10:9-10, 13, and John 3:16. Read Romans 1:16 and discuss this question, when it comes right down to it, is there really any difference between the OT and NT way to heaven?
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Have you put a “stake in the ground”? Discuss this idea with your group. Are you struggling with feeling unsaved, that your faith isn’t enough? What’s stopping you from putting a “stake in the ground” today?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
- Pray for God to help you grow in your knowledge of HIS Word.
Start digging. For further study.